How To Start A Fruit Juice Production Business In Nigeria: The Complete Guide
Juice production is by far one of the most lucrative and encompassing global establishments in the world with billions of people consuming various juice products every single year.
The global fruit juice market has been experiencing exponential growths; this is evident as it reached a volume of more than 45 Billion Liters in 2018, registering a CAGR of around 2% during 2011-2018. Due to expanse in juice production and factors influencing the market, juice production has been projected to reach a volume of approximately 51 Billion Liters by 2024.
Despite the high demand for this commodity, the supply is deficient. Statistics show that Nigerians need about 550 million litres of fruit juice, but only about 25% is in supply. Export of fruit juice from Nigeria totalled $1.14 million in 2018; this isn’t very high considering the country’s potential for fruit production.
This has created a steep demand for juice both locally and internationally, creating a massive opportunity for a significant investment in the juice making business.
If you’re looking for how to start juice production in Nigeria, Africa, or anywhere around the world, this article is a great place to start.
What Is Fruit Juice?
Fruit juice is also known as the liquid essence extracted from the flesh of different fruits, coming in different colours, tastes and properties.
What Is Fruit Juice Production?
This refers to the entire process of extracting the liquid essence from fruits and processing it to a more refined outlook and quality for personal consumption or commercial purposes.
Business Opportunities Available In Fruit Juice Production
1). Source Of Food:
For its magnificent taste, variety, and nutritional value which involves speedy absorption, fruit juice makes a highly desired product, and these are obtained by acquiring extracting the juice from the fruits.
2). Fruit Processing:
One good example of a fruit juice related business is this. All over the world, people are interested in various fruit juices, therefore, starting up a fruit processing and packaging facility is a way to generate constant revenues from fruit juice producers leasing the equipment.
3). Fresh Fruit Juice Delivery Service:
Starting up a fruit juice delivery service provides an avenue for the product to be delivered to customers.
Facts And Benefits Of Fruit Juice Production
- Aids weight loss
- It contains vitamins and minerals that help strengthen immunity
- Prevents allergies
- Helps detoxify the human system
- Fruit juices provide bodily hydration as they contain more than 50% water
- There are around 2,000 types of fruits around the world
- Fruit juices are incredible sources of energy
- At least 50% of more than the 190 million Nigerian population consumes fruit juice daily
- It contains nutritious values that aid growing children
- Contains skincare properties
- Fruits like banana are high in potassium which helps the heart and as well helps maintain the normalcy of blood pressure
Types Of Fruit Juices
There are many types of fruit juices; these could be grouped into:
1). Clear Juices:
These type of fruit juices have a sparkly crystal look in them after they have been refined. Examples include Apple juice, cherries, berries and others.
2). Citrus Juices:
Citrus juices are more famous for their unique flavours and acidic sweetness They leave the taste buds with a pleasant taste. Examples include orange juice, lime, lemon grape, fruits and others
3). Tropical Fruit Juices:
These juices have distinctive flavours; they can be enjoyed individually or mixed into beverages and fruit punches. These include mango, guava, coconut, and others.
How To Produce Fruit Juice: Step By Step Guide
The process for juice production is easy to learn with the following steps:
- Carefully select the fruits to be juiced
- Wash, precisely cut and put them in a blender
- Blend for a few minutes till its a reasonably thick liquid
- pour out into a container and add flavours and preservative if necessary
- Then blend for about 3minutes
- After it has been well blended, pour the liquid into a container and refrigerate
Challenges Of Fruit Juice Production In Nigeria
Here are some challenges that can affect starting fruit juice production in Nigeria, Africa, or many other places around the world:
- Depending on the scale, it can require large capital to start up
- Lack of government investment
- Pests and diseases could ruin the fruits
- Poor attitude towards work by workers
- Market monopoly by international firms
- Lack of government support
- Poor management
- Lack of affordable standard machinery for quality fruit juice production
To Sum It Up
The fruit juice production business is a highly profitable one with a huge market base. With great potential for growth, starting a fruit juice production business could be one way to grow a successful food-based business in Nigeria.
The fruit juice production business in Nigeria can be a Lucrative and profitable venture, due to its vast market demands and on your own ability to build a wide supply chain network. If you’re looking for a business to venture into, the bee farming business in Nigeria is another option to explore.
Trying To Secure A Business Loan? Finance? Or Investment?
You can now greatly increase your chances of geting the loan/investment you need with our bank and investor ready professional MBA standard business plan writing service
Writing a bank and investor ready professional Fruit Juice Production business plan can be challenging. If you need a professional and affordable business plan service, StartupTipsDaily’s MBA standard professional business plan writing service is perfect for your small business.
All you have to do is request an understanding of your proposed business model, and you’d have a professional MBA standard business plan ready for you in anywhere from 5 to 14 days. You can click here to get started with using StartupTipsDaily’s professional business plan writing service to create the perfect business plan that’d get accepted anywhere.